Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Project







I am the proud owner of a 1968 Norton Atlas. I have had it for 11 years this December. Of the 14 motorbikes I have owned (most vintage British) this is undoubtedly my favourite.

On Dec. 10th 2008, after 11 years planning and scheming (and the worst law school final exam known to mankind) I finally started its long overdue rebuild. I am not conceited enough to believe that anyone really cares about any of this, however, I am looking for as much advice, input, feedback and comments as I can get from just about anyone. This blog is created for that purpose. If you are interested or know anything about bikes, and have anything to say, I would like to hear it. If you have advice, PLEASE GOD GIVE IT TO ME! If you are looking to flog some parts, please let me know too.

I will update at various stages along the way with pictures.






4 comments:

  1. This brings back many greasy memories! Advice or no advice, Dan you will get this right! She will not leak a single drop of oil if you have anything to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try to do something about all that awfull vibration please

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buy a Japanies bike and you wont have to rebuild it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Dan: Is it running yet??? You must post more pictures when you get it on the road. I too have a 1968 Atlas that has been sitting in my garage for the past 19 years. Since I retired 3 years ago I have acquired a 1974 850 Commando. Both projects are just getting underway. Shoot me an email at imarailhead@hotmail.com. Lets talk Norton

    D Bowden

    ReplyDelete